BALTIMORE, MD – The American Marketing Association Baltimore Chapter (AMA Baltimore) announced the winners of its annual MX Awards on Thursday, May 20th during its second virtual event. For 36 years, the MX Awards have celebrated local organizations that demonstrate outstanding creativity, implementation, and results in their marketing campaigns. Awards are presented for outstanding overall campaigns as well as the best campaigns in specific channels or elements.
The 2021 Grand MX Campaign of the Year winners were Carroll Hospital and their agency, Devaney & Associates. At the height of COVID-19, Carroll Hospital wanted to honor its frontline workers who had been risking their lives to care for their community. They partnered with the team at Devaney & Associates to transform a wall in their lobby into an installation featuring interactive panels to allow employees to post messages of gratitude for their fellow workers. In her speech, Diane Devaney, founder and president of Devaney & Associates said, “2020 was a hard year for everyone. As communications professionals, we helped each other out. We worked hard for our clients and organizations. We came up with creative, out-of-the-box executions and concepts. We are proud of our strategic, results-driven work.”
Runner-Up Campaign of the Year went to Constellation Energy and their agency, Weber Shandwick, who focused on accountability, automation, and transparency to align marketing and sales in their winning campaign. 2nd Runner-Up Campaign of the Year went to Dragos, in conjunction with Mindgrub, where they designed and built a new website that offers innovative functionality, a strong brand narrative, and a bold, modern look and feel.
“The MX Awards event is our favorite event of the year,” said Anne Rubin, president of AMA Baltimore. “While we miss celebrating with everyone in person, we are thrilled to be able to come together virtually to honor the creativity and ingenuity that the winning organizations brought to their marketing campaigns.”
The categories and winners of the 2020 MX Awards:
- Grand MX Campaign of the Year: Carroll Hospital (Agency: Devaney & Associates)
- Runner-Up Campaign of the Year: Constellation Energy (Agency: Weber Shandwick)
- 2nd Runner-Up Campaign of the Year: Dragos (Agency: Mindgrub)
Integrated Marketing Campaigns
- Best B2B Campaign of the Year: Brookes Publishing
- Best B2C Campaign of the Year: BGE (Agency: Honeywell)
- Best Event Marketing Campaign of the Year: SECU Credit Union
- Best Nonprofit Campaign of the Year: Feeding America (Agency: R2integrated)
- Best Email Marketing Campaign of the Year: ExxonMobil – Lubricants North America (Agency: Weber Shandwick)
- Best Social Media Campaign of the Year: Moser Consulting
- Best Video Marketing Campaign of the Year: BGE (Agency: Honeywell)
- Best Single Unit Digital Advertisement Campaign of the Year: BGE (Agency: ICF)
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign of the Year: Maryland Department of Health (Agency: Alexander & Tom, Inc.)
- Best Single Unit Print Advertisement Campaign of the Year: BGE (Agency: ICF)
- Best Direct Mail Campaign of the Year: Tiny Jewel Box (Agency: KLUTCH)
Elements of Marketing Campaigns
- Best New Brand Identity Campaign of the Year: SECU Credit Union
- Best Rebrand Campaign of the Year: Global Business Alliance (Agency: Beyond Definition)
- Best Marketing Collateral Campaign of the Year: Alliance Franchise Brands
- Best Market Research Campaign of the Year: HEX Performance (Agency: SR&B Advertising)
For more information about the 36th Annual MX Awards winners, visit AMA Baltimore’s website.
AMA Baltimore gratefully acknowledges the support of its sponsors, who make this event and all other chapter programming possible: platinum sponsor HBP; gold sponsor Loyola University Sellinger School of Business; silver sponsors R2i and Response Labs; bronze sponsors Mindgrub, Neenah, and Sappi; in-kind sponsors Adam Yosim Voiceovers, Beyond Definition, Coyle Studios, Crown Trophy, Fifteen4, SR&B, and Storyfarm; and media partner, Capital Communicator.
ABOUT AMA BALTIMORE
The American Marketing Association Baltimore Chapter is Maryland’s leading provider of networking, educational programming, and resources for marketing professionals. AMA Baltimore provides extensive opportunities for marketers to expand their networks, grow professionally, and learn about current industry trends.