BALTIMORE, MD – The American Marketing Association Baltimore Chapter (AMA Baltimore) announces the winners of its 34th Annual MX Awards. Previously known as the Marketing Excellence Awards (MEAs), AMA Baltimore has celebrated local organizations and agencies that demonstrate marketing excellence in creativity, execution, and results. Awards are presented for outstanding overall campaigns as well as the best campaigns in specific channels or industries.
This year’s Grand MX Winner, the National Aquarium, had an impressive overall campaign titled The Water is Calling. Implementing a multi-channel media strategy that included TV spots, print ads, bus kings, digital ads, social media outlets, and more, their campaign generated over 105 million impressions and nearly 100% sentiment on paid social media posts, directly contributed to 30,505 online transactions, drove 802,565 sessions on aqua.org, and increase the eCommerce conversion by 13.9% year-over-year.
“We are so honored to be recognized by AMA Baltimore for our work on The Water is Calling,” said the National Aquarium’s Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Margot Amelia. “The campaign was designed to both inspire wonder and to drive visitation, dual aims that were achieved by combining our hopeful brand voice with bright, optimistic visuals that celebrate the connection between humans and the ocean.”
Each winner and runner-up was recognized during the awards ceremony, attended by over 130 area marketers, on May 16th at the Baltimore Visitor Center. The MX Awards were judged by an esteemed panel of professionals from the AMA New York Capital Region Chapter, and the ceremony was emceed by Dave Rendall, keynote speaker and emcee.
“The MX Awards is about celebrating excellence in marketing,” says AMA Baltimore President, Joe Wagner. “We had a record number of entries this year, and our judges were impressed with the caliber of each submission. The winning campaigns represent the diversity and creativity of marketers in Maryland, and we are honored to have featured them at this year’s awards.”
The categories and winners of the 34th Annual MX Awards are:
- Grand MX Campaign of the Year: National Aquarium
- Runner-Up Campaign of the Year: CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- 2nd Runner-Up Campaign of the Year: Royal Farms (Agency: Mindgrub)
- Best B2B Campaign of the Year: TEKSystems (Agency: R2integrated)
- Best B2C Campaign of the Year: BGE (Agency: Weber Shandwick)
- Best Event Marketing Campaign of the Year: University of Maryland
- Best Nonprofit Campaign of the Year: Catholic Relief Services (Agency: Fifteen4)
- Best New Brand Identity Campaign of the Year: Flockgen (Agency: MW Plus)
- Best Rebrand Campaign of the Year: Towson University
- Best Marketing Collateral Campaign of the Year: Maryland Auto Insurance
- Best Market Research Campaign of the Year: University of Maryland (Agency: Mindgrub)
- Best Marketing Technology Campaign of the Year: Constellation (Agency: Weber Shandwick)
- Best Email Marketing Campaign of the Year: BGE (Agency: ICF)
- Best Social Media Campaign of the Year: National Aquarium
- Best Video Marketing Campaign of the Year: Urology Care Foundation
- Best Single Unit Digital Advertisement Campaign of the Year: Starbucks (Agency: Havas Helia)
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign of the Year: Vectren (Agency: Devaney & Associates)
- Best Single Unit Print Advertisement Campaign of the Year: Tiny Jewel Box (Agency: KLUTCH)
- Best Direct Mail Campaign of the Year: Maryland Auto Insurance
AMA Baltimore wants to recognize the organizations that supported this year’s MX Awards: Platinum Sponsor, HBP; Silver Sponsors, Corporate Communications Group and R2integrated; Event Partners, Bates Creative, Capitol Communicator, Clean Cuts & Cerebral Lounge, Coyle Studios, Crown Trophy, Neenah Paper, Matsuri, SR&B, and Storyfarm; Annual Partners and Sponsors, Price Modern, Response Labs, and WBA Research.
For more information about the 34th Annual MX Awards, visit https://amabaltimore.org/ama-mx-awards/.
ABOUT AMA BALTIMORE
The American Marketing Association Baltimore Chapter is Maryland’s leading provider of networking, educational programming, and resources for marketing professionals. AMA Baltimore provides extensive opportunities for marketers to expand their networks, grow professionally, and learn about current industry trends.