BALTIMORE, MD – The American Marketing Association Baltimore Chapter (AMA Baltimore) announces the winners of its 32nd Annual Marketing Excellence Awards. For more than three decades, the Marketing Excellence Awards (MEAs) have celebrated local organizations that demonstrate outstanding creativity, implementation and results in their marketing campaigns. Awards are presented for outstanding overall campaigns as well as the best campaigns in specific channels or industries.
This year’s overall winner, Maryland Auto Insurance, embarked on a comprehensive rebranding and public awareness campaign incorporating both print and digital assets, resulting in an 8% increase in customers. The 1st runner-up, Carroll Hospice, created a compelling awareness and education campaign with the help of its agency, Devaney & Associates, that resulted in a 7% increase in admissions and double-digit growth in online consumer engagement. Euler Hermes, the 2nd runner-up, exceeded their annual lead generation and conversion goals through a multi-channel campaign promoting their trade credit insurance product to targeted B2B prospects.
Each winner and runner-up will be recognized during the awards ceremony on April 6, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor. In addition to the awards ceremony, seven local full-time students who are pursuing studies in marketing or a related field will receive AMA Undergraduate Marketing Education Scholarships during the event.
“The Marketing Excellence Awards are the highlight of our year,” said Dov Hoffman, president of the AMA Baltimore chapter. “We are inspired by the creativity and ingenuity that Baltimore-area companies and agencies bring to their marketing campaigns. This year’s winners represent a range of industries and marketing talent and we are looking forward to honoring their achievements.”
The categories and winners of the 32nd Annual Marketing Excellence Awards are:
- Overall Campaign of the Year: Maryland Auto Insurance
- Runner-Up Campaign of the Year: Carroll Hospice (Agency: Devaney & Associates)
- 2nd Runner-Up Campaign of the Year: Euler Hermes
- Best Advertising Campaign: BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport (Agency: Weber Shandwick)
- Best Branding Campaign: Kiddie Academy
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign: WebMechanix
- Best Direct Marketing Campaign: JCC of Greater Baltimore
- Best Email Marketing Campaign: Alexander & Tom
- Best Event Marketing Campaign: Unleashed Technologies
- Best Higher Education Campaign: Acura (Agency: Johns Hopkins University Apex Blue Strategies)
- Best Integrated B2B Campaign: Constellation (Agency: Weber Shandwick)
- Best Integrated B2C Campaign: BGE
- Best Integrated Non-Profit Campaign: Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance (Agency: TBG)
- Best Marketing Technology Campaign: Maryland Health Benefit Exchange
- Best Public Relations Campaign: Strategic Factory
- Best Social Media Campaign: Order&Chaos
For more information about the 32nd Annual Marketing Excellence Awards and to register to attend, please visit: http://bit.ly/32ndAMA.
AMA Baltimore gratefully acknowledges the support of its sponsors, who make this event and all other chapter programming possible: event partner Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor; platinum sponsors HBP, Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, T. Rowe Price and WBA Research; silver sponsors TCG (The Creative Group) and Call Tracking Metrics; in-kind sponsors Coyle Studios, Crown Trophy, SR&B, Storyfarm, and Media Star Promotions; and media partner, Capitol Communicator.
The American Marketing Association Baltimore Chapter is the area’s leading provider of networking, educational programming, and resources for marketing professionals. AMA Baltimore provides the opportunity for marketers to develop their personal growth, meet, and work with the area’s top decision makers and stay current on industry trends. Information regarding this upcoming event, business news, blogs, sponsorship or volunteer opportunities and membership information can be found at http://www.amabaltimore.org.
Marketing and Communications, AMA Baltimore