Being able to recognize an opportunity from an obstacle is what sets future executives apart from the pack. The path to the C-Suite is full of twists and turns, and opportunities can come from the most unlikely places. Female leadership is on the rise, but companies still have a long way to go to foster leadership positions for women. That’s why we’re bringing you The She-Suite.
Get ready for a few of the area’s female marketing powerhouses to drop some serious knowledge. On Tuesday, March 3rd, during Women’s History Month, AMA Baltimore will host a signature event, the She-Suite Marketing Leadership Panel. Taking place from 6 to 8 pm at Price Modern, the event will kick off with networking followed by a panel featuring marketing leadership from the non-profit, higher education, and technology sectors.
Event guests can look forward to gaining exclusive industry insights on everything from key marketing trends to effective ROI measurement to the latest audience connection strategies. The panelists will offer perspectives on what it takes to be a marketing leader and share their journeys to the C-Suite. The She-Suite Marketing Leadership Panel will include the following top-level executives:
- Margot Amelia, Senior VP/Chief Marketing Officer, National Aquarium – With more than 25 years’ experience in developing and directing marketing efforts for private, public and not-for-profit organizations. She joined the National Aquarium in Baltimore in March 2015, where she is responsible for the development and execution of the National Aquarium’s marketing efforts to achieve financial and strategic objectives. With a mission to inspire conservation of the world’s aquatic treasures, Amelia leads a team of 35 marketing and sales professionals in both brand-building and revenue-generating strategies.
- Marina Cooper, Vice President, University Marketing and Communications, Towson University – Since 2017, Marina has led the division responsible for aligning the institution’s communications and brand strategies to elevate awareness, affinity and prestige of Maryland’s second-largest and fastest growing university. She provides strategic direction for University Marketing and Communication teams offering a full array of capabilities including: presidential and executive communications, media relations, marketing and brand strategy, digital and content strategy, social media, video, photography, and a host of publications and digital platforms.
- Jody Costa, VP Marketing, Barcoding, Inc. – In her role, Jody leads all aspects of brand and strategic marketing and communications for the company across the US and Canada. During her tenure, Barcoding has more than tripled in size and continues a strong growth path. Creative and professional, Costa is also a writer whose poetry has won several industry and local awards.
- Luba Abrams, Customer Experience Manager, Baltimore Gas & Electric – Charged with ensuring that BGE delivers a premier customer experience to each of its 1.3 million electric and 650,000 gas customers, Luba was recruited to oversee the marketing launch of BGE’s PeakRewardsSM demand response initiative and residential and commercial energy efficiency programs. The programs have been recognized with numerous awards including ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year for 9 consecutive years.
Guests will not only benefit from the panelists’ personal leadership stories, but also a series of tactical and strategic tips for career growth and making it to top executive levels.
By attending the She-Suite Marketing Leadership Panel, you will learn:
- Tactical and strategic tips from local marketing leaders in different sectors
- Real-world stories from top-level executives
- Professional and personal advice for those moving up the corporate ladder
- Leadership lessons from the best of the best
Many thanks to our event partner, Price Modern!
Tuesday, March 3, 2020 | 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Price Modern | 2604 Sisson Street | Baltimore, MD 21211
6:00 – 6:30 pm | Registration and Networking
6:30 – 7:30 pm | Presentation and Q&A
7:30 – 8:00 pm | Networking
Senior VP/Chief Marketing Officer
Vice President, University Marketing and Communications
Customer Experience Manager
Baltimore Gas & Electric